A quick and easy favourite for any get together. Always a hit!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Cob Loaf
- 250g Philidelphia Cream Cheese
- 250g Sour Cream
- 500g Grated Cheese
- 1 Spring Vegetable Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 1 packet Spinach Leaves
- Preheat oven to approximately 180 degrees celcius.
- Dice spinach leaves into small pieces and put aside for later.
- Place cob loaf in the centre of a large oven friendly tray, such as a pizza tray.
- Cut top off cob loaf and place onto tray beside loaf. Pull the bread from the inside of the cob loaf out in small pieces, arranging around the tray. It is better if the pieces aren't touching, as they will crisp up better.
- Place the tray into the oven and allow the bread to crisp for 20 minutes.
- While bread is in the oven, cut the cream cheese block into quarters to allow it to melt faster. Place the diced spinach leaves, cream cheese, sour cream, soup mix and curry powder into a saucepan and cook on a slow heat, stirring continuously.
- Once melted, add the cheese and continue stirring, until it resembles a cheesy golden lava.
- When bread is crisp, remove from oven. Pour your cheesy golden lava into the loaf and serve immediately.
It is very simple. It is just 1 block of Cream Cheese, 1 tub of sour cream, 1 packet of cheese, I packet of soup mix and 1 packet of spinach leaves from the produce section at the supermarket. Put it all together with curry powder and done! No measurements needed.