These Monte Carlos are an old fashioned favourite!
Ingredients (makes 25 Complete biscuits)
- 185 gram Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup Plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- Raspberry or other jam
- 60 gram Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut, mix well.
- Rolls teaspoons of mixture into balls and then flatten onto greased trays. Rough up surface with the back of a fork. Bake on 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Filling: cream butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and gradually add milk, beating well. Put a teaspoon of jam and filling on half the biscuits. Top with remaining half of biscuits and press together lightly.