- Makes 25
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 13 Ingredients
These Monte Carlos are an old fashioned favourite!
Ingredients (makes 25 Complete biscuits)
- 185 gram Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups Self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup Plain flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- Raspberry or other jam
- 60 gram Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Milk
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients and coconut, mix well.
- Rolls teaspoons of mixture into balls and then flatten onto greased trays. Rough up surface with the back of a fork. Bake on 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Filling: cream butter and sifted icing sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and gradually add milk, beating well. Put a teaspoon of jam and filling on half the biscuits. Top with remaining half of biscuits and press together lightly.
Make sure the biscuits are fairly flat before baking as they will rise. If you are a novice baker, allow approximately 10 minutes more to roll your dough and flatten.