- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
My mums famous coleslaw that everyone loves. It's her must bring salad to anyone BBQ.
- 1/2 savoy cabbage
- 1-2 onions, finely diced
- 1 bunch radish
- 2-3 carrot
- 3-4 celery stalks
- 1/2 jar mayonnaise (PRAISE)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Using shredder function of Food Processor - pass through the cabbage, radish, carrot and celery. Collect it all in a large bowl (we use a boiler). Add in the diced onion and mix.
- Ensure there is an even variety of colour. You can always add more carrot, or radish etc. It really depends on the size of your ingredients from the start. Once you are happy, stir in the mayonnaise a tablespoon at a time to ensure a good coating. Stop once it is all covered and not too wet but not dry.
- sprinkle the sugar over the top, cover in glad wrap and place in fridge for a few hours. After this time, give the coleslaw a good stir, the vegetables will have started to soften and there will be juice.
- Place into serving bowl or container for fridge storage.
Coleslaw is definitely an art form. Just make sure you have an good amount of each of your vegetables. Trial and error is the key.