- Serves 4
- 70 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
A flavourful, warm and comforting lamb stew perfect for winters
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 kg lamb (with bones)
- 5-6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 large red tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- to season black pepper
- to season salt
- 1 tsp baharat (middle eastern spice blend)
- 100 gm green beans
- Clean the lamb pieces and keep aside. Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan and brown the meat pieces over high flame. Remove and keep aside.
- Reduce heat, add remaining oil and add the chopped onions. Saute till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes, sugar, baharat, salt, pepper and sauté for one more minute.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to boil. Return the meat pieces back to the pan.
- Cook covered under low heat for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour check if the meat pieces are almost done and then add the green beans and cook till the vegetable is done, usually for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with steamed white rice or Khoubiz (Middle Eastern bread)