This Milo Weet-Bix Banana Loaf is the perfect team of a bunch of Aussie icons! And the flavour will have kids and big kids alike coming back for more. Double batch too because one loaf won’t last long.
Australians are set to celebrate the nation’s favourite snack with Australian Bananas announcing the first ever National Banana Day, which will take place on 1 May 2019.
The celebration of all things na-na has been launched to support hard-working Aussie growers who provide the nation with one of the most nutrient rich, naturally sourced products available.
Do you know a youngster who can’t get through the day without their banana fix or are they simply banana obsessed? To celebrate the launch of the first ever National Banana Day on 1 May, Australian Bananas is searching for the nation’s most passionate banana enthusiast!
The ultimate banana-ologist will be a die-hard banana lover. Someone who has a banana each and every day, who always chooses the ‘banana flavour’ and would put banana on anything and everything but wouldn’t be embarrassed to shout it from the rooftops.
To enter, parent or guardians are asked to post a photo or video of their young banana-lover, answering ‘why they are passionate about bananas and what they’d do with $1,000 for their school, sport or community’ on the Australian Bananas Facebook competition post or via their Instagram with the hashtags #NationalBananaDay #PeelGoodFeelGood.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 0.5 cup raw sugar
- 0.5 cup Milo
- 0.5 cup crushed Weet-Bix
- 2 large Cavendish Banana's
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- extra sliced banana and sprinkling cinnamon sugar, to serve
- Preheat oven 170°C fan forced. Grease and line 7cm deep, 13.5x24cm (base measurement) loaf pan.
- Sift the flour and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, Milo and Weet-Bix Coarsely mash the bananas. Add to the flour with the milk and eggs. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon into loaf pan and smooth the surface. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Stand 5 minutes in the pan before lifting onto a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve topped with extra sliced banana and sprinkling cinnamon sugar.