- Serves 6
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
These tea muffins have no eggs, no butter and no sugar!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 80g milk
- 1~2 tea bags (or 1 tbsp of tea leaves)
- 120g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 tbsp tea leaves (1 tea bag)
- 30g vegetable oil
- 60g honey
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Heat the milk, place tea bag into, and make strong milk tea. Set aside to cool.
- Place the flour, baking powder, salt and tea leaves into a bowl and stir to combine.
- Combine oil and honey, and stir into cooled milk tea.
- Pour into the dry ingredients and fold in until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared paper cases and bake for approx 20 min or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool on a wire rack.
Of course you can use butter instead of oil (or combine 15g butter and 15g oil) And you can also substitute milk with boiled water, if you want.