- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A basic cheese sauce.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 onion
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- In a frypan melt the butter and then lightly cook the onion.
- Add the flour and gently heat until well combined and golden.
- Gradually add the milk, bring to the boil and then reduce heat. Add the cheese and simmer gently for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Add the parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
- Is great served on veggies, pasta and potatoes.
I use this to go with the fried gnocchi.