This cheesecake is my niece’s (Imogen as you can see from the chocolate birthday message) and my husbands favourite, it is always asked for, for their birthdays.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 700 gm Oreo Cookies
- 160 gm Butter melted
- 3 Blocks of cream cheese (I use Philadelphia)
- 1 Cup Caster Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 Cups Cream
- 6 tsp Gelatine, dissolved in 1/2 cup of boiling water
- 400 gm White Chocolate melted (I find the Nestle melts the best)
- 1 Packet Mini Oreos for decoration
- Extra Cream Whipped with a small amount of icing sugar, for decoration
- Place 500 gm of the Oreo cookies into a a food processor and process until they are fine crumbs.
- Add the melted butter and mix to combine. Spread the mixture into a spring form pan that has been lined with a good brand of baking paper (if you use a cheap brand the paper will stick to the crumbs and be hard to remove when trying to plate up). I always spread the mixture on the base and sides as it is then easier to remove later. Refrigerate this for at least half an hour.
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Then beat in the cream, stir through the gelatin mixture and chocolate (ensure these are cool before adding to the mixture otherwise it will not work).
- Break up the remaining Oreo cookies and fold through the mixture. Pour into the springform pan over the base and allow to set in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pan, carefully lifting up and peeling off the baking paper, place onto a plate. To decorate, whip some cream using a little icing sugar and pipe around the cake and add mini Oreos into the middle of the cream.