- Makes 40
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
You can’t get much easier than this. These truffle balls are rich, decadent and totally delicious.
Ingredients (makes 40 balls)
- 300 gm Oreo Cookies
- 250 gm Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon Your Favourite Liqueur
- 250 gm Milk Chocolate (for dipping)
- 2 tablespoons Grated Chocolate or Chocolate Sprinkles (for decoration)
- Crush cookies to fine crumbs (I did this in a large snap-lock bag, with a rolling pin, to minimize the mess). Place cookie crumbs in a large bowl, add softened cream cheese and liqueur, and mix really well.
- Roll into balls about the size of a 10 cent piece, and place on a foil-lined tray in the freezer for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave until it's melted and really smooth.
- Using a skewer, dip each ball in melted chocolate & place on another foil-lined tray, and sprinkle balls with a little grated chocolate. The balls are ready to serve as soon as the chocolate shell hardens.
You don't have to use liqueur in these balls. And you can serve them without chocolate coating if you prefer. I've done them in white chocolate, which provides a real contrast to the rich dark colour of the centres. Or you could roll them in coconut if you'd rather. They go like hot-cakes at any parties, bbqs or picnics, and they look very professional wrapped in cellophane with some ribbons, as a gift for someone special.