- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This is a dish that is super popular with my two eight year olds even Miss Fussy. The kids literally scoff it down and it has become a weekend staple. This is the sort of dish you can really throw anything in. When it is just for me I tend to add fresh chilli and chilli flakes. I sometimes replace the basil with mint. It is also a great dish to take to a BBQ – everyone loves a pasta dish.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 kilogram Vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves - peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Capers
- 1 small Spanish Onion - finely diced
- 1/2 cup Olives - sliced
- Large Handful Basil Leaves - shredded
- As needed Olive Oil
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- 500 gram Your favourite Pasta
- Put the tomatoes in a saucepan of boiling water and leave for 1 minute. Remove and peel skin. Quarter and deseed butting all the seeds and juicy bits into a strainer over a bowl. Roughly chop the tomato and put into another bowl.
- Add garlic, capers, onion, olives and 1/2 the basil. Generously add olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Press the juice from the seed through the strainer and add to tomatoes. Discard seeds and whatever is left in the strainer. Leave tomato mixture to sit for an hour or so - room temperature.
- Cook the pasta. Drain well and then toss the sauce through this whilst pasta is hot. Season with salt and pepper, dress with remaining basil. Serve immediately.
Super easy, super quick and super delicious!