- Serves 15
- Makes 15
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Halloween party treats aren’t known for being low in sugar, but there’s no reason they can’t be.
Making great tasting, nutritious treats together using peanut butter as the main ingredient also means that kids receive a slower release of energy from the treats, instead of the impending sugar-high that they can often experience from other lollies and chocolates.
So if you’re looking to create some spooky snacks with the kids this Halloween, this recipe from Susie Burrell for Mayver’s is super simple, tastes great and isn’t loaded with sugar!
Ingredients (serves 15 | makes 15 Peanut Butter Eyeballs)
- 2 cups oats, blended
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Mayver's Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 100g milk chocolate, for melting
- 100g dark chocolate, for melting
- 15 white chocolate buttons
- 15 milk or dark chocolate drops
- Combine oats, honey and peanut butter and roll into balls. Refrigerate until firm.
- Dip each ball into melted dark or white chocolate.
- Top with one white chocolate disc button and chocolate drop to complete eyeballs.