- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
I can’t imagine Christmas without a beautiful big platter of fresh cooked prawns served with lemon and a lovely seafood sauce! Bliss.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1kg Green prawns
- 1/2 cup Rock salt
- 1 bag Ice
- 1 glass/ bottle Beer, wine or cider
- Fill a large heavy bottomed saucepan with water and bring to the boil, throw in 1/2 the salt and return to the boil.
- Fill a large bowl or small clean sink with cold water and 1/2 the ice and remaining salt.
- Throw in your prawns and crack your beer, cider or wine.
- Drink your beer as your prawns boil for no longer than 1 1/2 minutes, prawns will float and change colour when they are done, for small prawns reduce this time and for larger ones increase it slightly!
- Using a slotted spoon scoop out your prawns and throw them directly into the salted ice water, this will stop the cooking process.
There is nothing worse than an overcooked prawn, make sure your water is violently boiling when you put them in!