This roast potato dish is truly the most heart-warming, easy dish in the world. It will remind you of all that is good in the world.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- However many you can eat Potatoes
- Generous splash Olive Oil
- To taste Salt
- Peel the potatoes and half them, then quarter the halves.
- Put in boiling water and boil for 20 minutes.
- Drain and leave for 5 minutes to dry. Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Put back in the empty saucepan, splash some olive oil in the saucepan. Enough to just coat the potatoes. Liberally season with salt.
- Put lid on the saucepan and vigorously shake saucepan up and down, smashing potatoes. This is the key to a beautiful crunchy potato. You want them to be battered and fluffy.
- Then place in the baking tray and spread evenly. They will probably look quite roughed up – but the roughness creates the crunchiness. Bake at 200 degrees for minimum of 40 minutes – then check to see when crunchy and perfect.