Impress your guests with this poached whole salmon.
Are your family’s hands as clean as they could be? Read the DETTOL Liquid Hand Wash reviews here
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 cup Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup Chang’s Light Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Chang’s Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp ginger, finely grated
- 2 tbsp palm sugar, grated or chopped
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 strips (2cm x 4cm) orange peel, white pith removed from back or one orange piece, dried orange or tangerine peel
- 1 stick cinnamon
- ½ medium red chilli, sliced or finely diced
- 1 whole salmon fillet, skin on, pin bones removed
- 50g Shredded spring onions, to serve
- Combine all ingredients except the salmon and spring onions and bring to the boil, then gently simmer for 10 minutes to dissolve the palm sugar and integrate the flavours.
- Place the salmon skin side down in a baking dish just big enough to hold it. Pour the liquid over the salmon, and cover the dish tightly with foil. Bake in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes then remove from the oven, and allow to rest for another 10 minutes without removing the foil.
- Remove the foil and serve straight from the baking dish, or transfer to a serving platter, spooning cooking juices over the fish and topping with the shredded spring onion.