- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
This Pomegranate, Beetroot and Blue Cheese Salad is bound to become a Summer favourite if your family and friends are anything like ours!
Filled with the fresh flavours of pomegranate and green Summer grapes which are brought to life with the bite of the rocket and the tang of the blue vein cheese.
The beetroot adds great substance to the salad so feel free to double the amount of beetroot if you like. Top off your Pomegranate, Beetroot and Blue Cheese Salad with the crunch of walnuts and you’re done!
If you’ve never tried Pomegranate before, don’t shy away. Pomegranates are among the healthiest fruits on Earth because they contain a range of beneficial plant compounds, unrivalled by other foods.
Fresh Pomegranates are readily available in supermarkets and grocers now – looking red and glossy with a happy little flower shape to their stem at the top of the fruit. Removing the arils (seeds) does take a few minutes but you’ll reap at least a full cup of seeds from one pomegranate. You won’t need all these for this salad but the seeds will store for up to a week in an airtight container in the fridge.
Use your spare pomegranate arils as a garnish on a houmous platter, mixed in with a Summer Berry Mojito or blended into a juice mixed with ice and a little sparkling water.
A note from us re salad prep … we like to rinse all salad ingredients before use. Whilst the manufacturers may claim they are ‘washed and ready for use’ we always maintain that rinsing at home ensures your ingredients are as clean as possible and brought back to just picked freshness by the chilled water.
Happy Summer! We hope it’s filled with family, friends and beautifully fresh Summer Food and Drinks!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 3 cups Baby Rocket Leaves
- 1 cup Small Green Seedless Grapes
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate Arils (seeds)
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 3 - 4 Fresh Beetroots
- 150g Blue Vein Cheese (replace with fetta or haloumi if you prefer)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius. Peel and quarter the beetroots then drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast until tender all the way through. Set aside to cool completely before adding to salad.
- While the beetroot is cooking, remove the seeds from the pomegranate. To do this, cut the pomegranate in half and then submerge in a large bowl of chilled, filtered water from your ZIP tap. Keeping the pomegranate under the water, twist it and push it until the arils begin to release. The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the white pith will float to the top. Pour off the water and the pith and then scoop out the pomegranate seeds.
- Place the rocket and grapes in a large colander and rinse well with chilled, filtered water straight from your ZIP tap. Gently shake and bounce to rinse and then drain. Set aside to drain further.
- Lightly toast the walnuts in the oven while the beetroot is cooking and set aside to cool completely.
- Mix together 1 tbsp of olive oil, the apple cider vinegar and the caster sugar to make the dressing.
- Combine all ingredients except the walnuts immediately before serving, toss through the dressing and then sprinkle the walnuts on top.
This recipe will work beautifully as a salad for any occasion and will accompany barbecued meats perfectly; especially lamb or chicken that has been marinated in herbs, lemon and olive oil.
Recipe Pomegranate, Beetroot and Blue Cheese Salad
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.