- Serves 6
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
Curry is very much one of my comfort foods. Comfort for the stomach but also for the mind and the soul!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 6 Baby Potatoes - unpeeled
- 2 Medium Onions - peeled and diced
- 2 Cloves garlic - peeled and crushed
- 1 piece of ginger - peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons Curry Powder
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 400 gram tin Diced Tomatoes
- 400 gram tin Chickpeas
- 250ml Water
- To taste Salt and Pepper
- Bunch Coriander - finely chopped
Notes... I love experimenting with Indian curries now - not so much Thai curries as I still have not found a satisfying alternative to coconut milk - but watch this space! Oil is easily replaced by water and does exactly the same job. I make a big batch so I have a few portions of 'crisis' curry in the freezer. My crisis food is when I need tasty food to make me glad about things but I have been exhausted by something foolish and have no energy to cook.
- Dice baby potatoes and boil for 20 minutes - until just tender, drain.
- Saute the onion, ginger and garlic in water until onion has softened.
- Add curry powder, garam masala, cumin. Cook for 2 minutes then add tomatoes, chickpeas and potato.
- Simmer gently for 15 minutes and add coriander.
- If sauce getting too thick add water to thin this out. Serve with rice and garnish with fresh coriander.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.