- Serves 6
- Makes 6
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Protein muffins are one of the best little helpers you can have on hand.
Make your protein muffins with the right ingredients and the right recipe and they can be nutritious as well as tasting awesome.
What’s so great about these KOJA Chocolate Protein Muffins?
KOJA Chocolate Protein Muffins are light, fluffy, chocolatey muffins that take barely any time to prepare. They are also packed with nutrients to help keep you full between meals, stabilise blood sugar and give you a natural energy boost.
Protein Muffins are also packed with protein, fibre, magnesium and potassium making them an ideal post-workout snack for muscle recovery and brain fuel or make a nice treat for afternoon tea.
Tips for your Chocolate Protein Muffins:
- Allow your chocolate protein muffins to cool quite a bit before serving. Cooling allows the ingredients to pull together which means they’ll keep their shape better.
- If you won’t use all the protein muffins within 24 hours, freeze individually by storing in small ziplock plastic bags.
- If you have young children who wouldn’t eat a full sized protein muffin, make them into mini muffins for a fun and healthy snack. Simply spoon the mixture into a lined mini muffin tray and bake for approx. 10-12 minutes.
- If you didn’t freeze your protein muffins and they are now a little dry or stale, slice them in half and pop them in the toaster for 30 seconds. Then add a little nut butter or vegan cream cheese.
- You could also use toasted crumbled protein muffins as a tasty topper for natural yoghurt with a drizzle of rice malt syrup. Who needs ice cream when you can have this?
What’s the story behind KOJA?
KOJA was started by Kate Johansson in 2013 to create ‘supplements’ that give people the vitamins, macro and micronutrients they need through real food, not pills, and educate consumers on nutrition at the same time.
KOJA’s full range includes Peanut Butter Bars, Protein Pancake Mixes and Breakfast Toppers.
KOJA Natural Peanut Butter Bars are available in Coles stores nationwide. For more information, recipe inspiration or to shop the full range please visit koja.com.au
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 6 muffins)
- 1 Bag KOJA Cacao Protein Pancakes
- 2 tbsp Cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Melted coconut oil
- 1 Large ripe banana (puréed/mashed)
- 1 large Free-range egg
- 2 tbsp Organic rice malt syrup (or maple syrup)
- Preheat an oven to 180.C (160.C fan-forced).
- Empty the bag of KOJA Cacao Protein Pancakes into a bowl and stir in the cacao powder.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, mashed banana, milk, rice malt syrup and coconut oil. Add the wet ingredients to cacao and pancake mix. Stir until combined then spoon into a lined muffin tray.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until firm and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
TIP: Make them into mini muffins for a fun and healthy snack for the kids. Simply spoon the mixture into a lined mini muffin tray and bake for approx. 10-15 minutes.