- Serves 8
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1/2 large butternut pumpkin (filling)
- 1/2 large sweet potato (filling)
- 2 large potatoes (filling)
- 1 medium zucchini diced small
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 red capsicum diced
- 2 tins diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 boxes cannelloni tubes
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup cooking cream
- Steam pumpkin, sweet potato and potatoes. Once soft, mash all the cooked veggies. If the mix seems too thick, add some cream to make it easier to fill the tubes, if too thin add some cheddar cheese. Once mashed, put into the fridge to cool (if you don't let it cool, the tubes will split as you add the filling).
- SAUCE: Once all onion, capsicum and zucchini is diced, add into a large saucepan to soften. Add the cans of diced tomatoes and let simmer for 15 minutes. (If the canned tomatoes are too sweet, add in a little salt to balance it out) Add in half cup of cream and simmer for 5mins. Then let it cool.
- Once the filling has cooled, add filling into the tubes and put into a baking dish. Once all tubes are filled, cover with the sauce. Then sprinkle with cheese and cook for an hour at 170°.