Quick and simple pasta recipe that is a nice alternative to traditional tomato based recipes.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Pumpkin puree
- 1 cup Chicken stock
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- 25g Goats cheese, crumbled
- 3 Tbsp Walnuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 600g Fresh Pasta
- Boil water and add pasta. Cook for 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking put pumpkin, chicken stock and spices in a saucepan over medium heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked set aside to drain. While the pasta is draining remove the pumpkin mixture from heat and stir in the goats cheese.
- Add pasta into the sauce pan with the sauce and mix.
- Dish up pasta with a sprinkling of crushed walnuts and parmesan cheese.