- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
This is a great stir fry dish you can cook in around 15 minutes any day of the week so you can have more down time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Packet of Hokkien Noodles (about 400g)
- 1 Small brown onion cut into julienne
- 1 Medium size red capsicum cut into julienne
- A handful of Snowpeas or sugarpeas
- Half a head of Cauliflower cut in small florets
- Half a packet of Haloumi cheese (about 90g)
- 1 tbsp oil for stir fry
- 1 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
- Juice of Half a lemon
- 1 tsp Cornflour
- Sesame seeds
- Put noodles in a large bowl, pour boiling water to cover and sit for 5 minutes, drain. Meanwhile, mix BBQ sauce, tomato sauce, lemon juice and cornflour in a small bowl, set aside.
- Heat oil in medium heat in wok or a large stir fry pan, add onion and cauliflower first and saute for 2 minutes, add haloumi cheese, stir frequently till cheese is brown and crisp on the edge.
- Add noodles, red capsicum and snowpeas, stir in the sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy while it's hot.
Substitute with any veggies you have in the fridge, or experiment with different sauce combination to suit your taste - if your children can take the heat, a little bit of chilli maybe?