Makes lovely apple pies too.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 4 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbls melted butter
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbls vegetable oil
- Sift flour into bowl. Add remaining ingredients to flour.
- Knead until mixed. Roll into a ball. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Fill with anything you want. Sweet or savoury.
- Roll some dough flat and use a perogy maker to roll out and fill. If you don't have one just make as you would ravioli. Little pastry parcels.
- To Cook. Bring a pot of water to the boil. Place perogy in water and remove when it floats. Set on rack to drain. Then fry, bake or steam and serve.