- Serves 1
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
A big sandwich every age would like, my 3 girls love sharing the ribbon sandwich, one each for all of them.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 3 thick slices high-fibre bread
- 1 tablespoon redcurrant jelly (optional)
- 1 slice skinless turkey breast
- 1 slice tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup alfalfa
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 slice lean ham
- 1 small tomato, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and basil. Set aside. Spread 1 slice of bread with the redcurrant jelly and top with turkey, cheese and alfalfa. Place another slice of bread on top.
- Spread the second slice of bread with mayonnaise mixture, then top with the lettuce leaf, ham and tomato. Finish with the last piece of bread.
- Cut the sandwich into 3 fingers and wrap firmly in plastic wrap. Store in the fridge until required.
Tip - Cover any leftover mayonnaise and basil mixture and store in an airtight container in the fridge.