- Makes 2
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
This rich roast tomato pizza sauce recipe is so easy and quick. Honestly once you’ve tried this, you’ll never use a store bought pizza sauce again. You could also use this as a quick salsa for nachos and other mexican dishes. – just add a little chilli.
Ingredients (makes 2 cups pizza sauce)
- 6 Ripe Tomatoes (any sort but Roma are great)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (or Olive Oil Spray)
- 1tsp Salt & Pepper
- 1 tbsp Mixed Fresh Herbs (Basil, Oregano, Thyme)
- Chop the tomatoes in half or quarters (no smaller) and coat with olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Place in the basket of the Philips Airfryer Turbostar and cook on 180 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Place tomatoes and fresh herbs into your food processor and blitz until the mixture is as smooth as you prefer. I like to leave a few chunks.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep for a few weeks.