- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Looking for a different type of meatloaf? Try it with ricotta cheese!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 g minced beef
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- mixed dried herbs
- 5 Tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 slices shaved ham
- Preheat oven at 200 degrees.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper, leaving some hanging from the sides, so you can cover the top of the meatloaf.
- In a big bowl mix meat, ricotta, egg, onion, some dried herbs and some salt.
- Slowly pour half of the mix into the loaf pan. Cover with the cheddar and the slices of ham.
- Pour the rest of the mix into the loaf pan. Cover the top of the meatloaf with the baking paper.
- Bake for around 45 minutes.
- There will probably be some liquid left in the loaf pan. Take the meatloaf carefully out of the pan using a big slotted spatula, and place it on a serving dish. Then slice it.
- We enjoyed it with peas!
For a change, you could use cream cheese instead of ricotta. I hope you all like it!