- Serves 4
- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Everyone loves a Roast Chicken! Whether it’s Sunday lunch, dinner with friends or on sandwiches, Roast Chicken is the bomb!
We’re loving that making your very own roast chicken – succulent, juicy and full of flavour – just got a whole lot easier thanks to our friends at Nando’s!
NEW to supermarket shelves, Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake brings Nando’s love for PERi-PERi to your very own kitchen, so that whipping up a roast chicken is much easier and so much more flavourful.
Whether you love your roast chicken with just a slight touch of heat or enough to get your mouth tingling, Nando’s have got you covered with their Lemon & Herb (Extra Mild) and Medium PERi-PERi Bag & Bake flavours.
Nando’s Bag & Bake is the newest way to infuse your meal with Nando’s world-famous PERi-PERi. Each pack of Nando’s Bag & Bake comes with a parchment bag as well as a sachet of PERi-PERi spice, made from a combination of their own unique African Bird’s Eye Chilli, herbs, lemon and garlic.
Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake contains no artificial preservatives, no artificial flavours and no artificial colours. It’s also vegetarian, halal certified and certified kosher.
One sachet is enough to infuse 500g of chicken (or your choice of meat and veggies) to give you and your family a PERi-fect meal in 3 Easy Steps!
- Simply add your choice of meat or veggies (or both!) to the cooking bag.
- Sprinkle in the PERi-PERi spice. Fold the bag along the edge and give it a gentle shake.
- Lay it flat on a baking tray, making sure that none of your meat is lying on top of each other, then pop it in the oven for 30 minutes. It’s as easy as that! After 30 minutes, remove from the oven, tear the bag and revel in the masterpiece which you’ve created.
Where can I buy Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake?
Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake is available only at selected Woolworths stores nationally.
Perfect for roast chicken … but also amazing for all sorts of chicken dishes.
Find Nando’s PERi-PERi Bag & Bake in the spice aisle or online here.
Check out just how quick it is to whip up a Roast Chicken Dinner in a Bag
*Please be aware the bag is flammable. Read packaging for full instructions.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 1 Roast Chicken Dinner in a Bag)
- 1 Nando's PERi-PERi Bag & Bake Lemon & Herb
- 1 Small Whole Chicken Or approx 500g Roasting Portions
- 2 med Red Onions
- 4 large Pink Potatoes
- 1/4 large Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 head Broccoli
- 3 tsp Cornflour
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
- 3 tsp Smokey BBQ Sauce or Mild Chipotle Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 190' celsius. Arrange the oven so you have two shelves evenly spaced.
- PREP THE VEGES: Peel and halve the onions, chop the potatoes into quarters then peel and chop the butternut pumpkin. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a generous pinch of sea salt. Spread onto a large baking sheet and place into the top of the oven.
- If using a whole chicken, chop into roasting portions and discard the ribs and carcass bones. Place the chicken pieces into the bag provided in the Nando's PERi-PERi Bag and Bake. Open the flavour sachet and sprinkle onto the chicken in the bag. Give it a little shake, seal the bag then place flat on a baking tray. Place into the oven on the bottom tray.
- After 20 minutes, swap the two trays around. Add the broccoli to the vege tray for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Continue cooking for another 10 - 15 minutes. If the veggies cook a little faster remove from oven and cover lightly to keep warm.
- Remove the chicken bag from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Then carefully tear open the bag and remove the chicken portions. Pour all the cooking juices into a small saucepan to use for the gravy.
- Add the chicken stock to the cooking juices as well as the BBQ or Chipotle sauce and bring to a simmer. In a small glass, mix the cornflour with a small amount of water and stir to ensure there are no lumps. Add this to the saucepan and stir continuously until the gravy is nice and thick. You may need to add a little more cornflour depending on how much cooking juices you have.
- Arrange the roast veggies and chicken portions onto plates then either pour over the gravy or serve in a jug alongside.
MoM Members have also been trialling Nando's PERi-PERi Bag & Bake flavours at home ... and love them!