- Serves 5
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This Roast Veges, Chorizo and Kale Penne is the type of pasta dish my hubby loves – no sauce just lots of flavours and ingredients other than just pasta. It’s still filling but ticks extra vegies off the list for you.
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 300g Penne (made in the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker)
- 2 Chorizo Sausages, chopped to small cubes
- 1 large Sweet Potato, chopped to small cubes
- 1 large Spanish (Red) Onion, chopped to small cubes
- 1/2 bunch Kale, main vein removed
- 1 medium Tomato, seeds removed and chopped into slivers or cubes
- 1 lemon, for slivers of zest and juice
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Place the sweet potato cubes, the chorizo cubes and the spanish onion in a mixing bowl and add about 1/8 cup (or 2 tablespoons) of olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. Spread out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and roast in a hot oven (180 degrees celcius fan forced) for 20 - 25 minutes. Toss a couple of times during roasting to ensure even cooking.
- Make 300g of Penne pasta according to instructions with the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker. When cutting the pasta as it extrudes, keep the penne pieces quite short (about 2cm).
- Steam the kale very lightly until just wilted and then spread out on paper towel (or a clean tea towel) to cool.
- Cook the penne in salted water until only just al dente (a little bite is good), drain well and then run a little cold water through the pasta to rinse and cool the pasta.
- Transfer the roasted veges and chorizo, the penne, the kale, the tomato and the lemon zest to a large platter and lightly toss together.
- Squeeze the lemon over the top of everything and then finish off with a good drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and some cracked black pepper. Parmesan on top would also add something lovely to this recipe as well (we just didn't have any in the fridge tonight).
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.