- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
A quick and easy pasta dish that is light and healthy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g fresh tagliatelle pasta (My batch in the photo was made with the Philips Pasta & Noodle Maker
- 4 large red capsicums
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 cup black olives (whole or sliced)
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 2 tbs olive oil (for frying eggplant)
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil for dressing
Notes... TIPS FOR COOKING PASTA - You should allow 1 litre of water for 100g of pasta. So 5 litres for 500gs - Add salt to your water. - You do not need to add oil to water!!! Having sufficient water will prevent pasta from sticking together. - NEVER rinse your pasta after cooking. It destroys the texture and eliminates the starch which helps the sauce to stick.
- Dry roast capsicums in a hot oven (250 degrees Celsius) until skins start to blacken. Let capsicums cool completely. Remove skins and seeds and slice into strips lengthways.
- Slice eggplant into slices about 5 – 8 mm. Season slices with olive oil, mixed herbs, salt & pepper. Pan fry lightly in olive oil till golden on both sides.
- Combine eggplant with capsicum, olives, capers, diced red onion, a good glug of extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper.
- Cook pasta as per instructions (see my tips below)
- Add cooked tagliatelle to roasted capsicum & eggplant combination. Season well with salt and pepper and dress with extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe Roasted Capsicum & Eggplant with Tagliatelle Pasta
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.