- Difficulty Easy
- 1 Ingredients
A well-balanced, nutritious lunchbox should be portioned such that it comprises half vegetables or salad; one quarter grain foods, preferably wholegrain or low GI carbohydrates, one quarter lean meat, poultry, fish, eggs, tofu, nuts, or seeds, as well as a side of fruit and a calcium rich snack.
Don’t forget to pack plenty of water too and always keep lunchboxes cool with an insulated bag and ice brick.
- Fruit salad: chop a variety of seasonal fruit. To prevent fruit from going brown, add a few drops of lemon juice
- 1 serve of yoghurt
- 1 slice of banana and strawberry bread
Banana & Strawberry Bread Recipe
- 2 tablespoons (90g) reduced fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 medium bananas, roughly mashed
- 2 – 3 strawberries, sliced and quartered
- Pre-heat an oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to combine yoghurt, oil, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and eggs.
- Add mashed banana (I like to leave a few good chunks) and mix through well. Fold through flour and strawberries, without beating.
- If the mixture is a little dry (which it might be if your bananas are small), add a little extra oil.
- Place the mixture in a greased loaf tin and place in pre-heated oven for 45min.
- Turn the oven off an allow bread to sit in the oven for a further 15mins before removing and placing on a wire cooling rack.
Lebanese bread chips
- Pre-heat an oven to 180 degrees.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over 1 large wholemeal Lebanese bread, sprinkle with dried herbs, cut into 8ths.
- Place in the oven for 5 – 10mins, until the bread begins to golden.
- Serve with an oven roasted chicken leg and side salad.
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.com
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.