Working late? Kids have sport etc? Need an easy and delicious dinner in a flash? This tomato & bacon pasta dish ticks all those boxes, and the whole family will love it. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan and cracked black pepper on top, and you have a gourmet meal in under 30 minutes and under $10!!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 pieces Shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed
- 7 Ripened tomatoes, diced finely
- 60-80ml Red wine
- 3 TBS Tomato paste
- 11/2 cups Baby spinach, sliced finely
- Dried Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 500g Spiral pasta
- Cook the pasta as per packet directions in salted water until just tender.
- While that is cooking, heat a dash of oil in a frying pan then add the onion and garlic. Cook slowly for a few minutes until the onion has softened. Add in the bacon and cook for a further few minutes until cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, herbs, paste and Salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes (stirring often) until the tomatoes have broken down and formed a sauce. At the end, add in the sliced baby spinach and stir to combine through the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and tip straight into the sauce stirring to coat the pasta. Serve immediately