- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
Working late? Kids have sport etc? Need an easy and delicious dinner in a flash? This tomato & bacon pasta dish ticks all those boxes, and the whole family will love it. Sprinkle a bit of Parmesan and cracked black pepper on top, and you have a gourmet meal in under 30 minutes and under $10!!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6 pieces Shortcut bacon, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1 clove Garlic, Crushed
- 7 Ripened tomatoes, diced finely
- 60-80ml Red wine
- 3 TBS Tomato paste
- 11/2 cups Baby spinach, sliced finely
- Dried Italian herbs
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- 500g Spiral pasta
- Cook the pasta as per packet directions in salted water until just tender.
- While that is cooking, heat a dash of oil in a frying pan then add the onion and garlic. Cook slowly for a few minutes until the onion has softened. Add in the bacon and cook for a further few minutes until cooked.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, herbs, paste and Salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes (stirring often) until the tomatoes have broken down and formed a sauce. At the end, add in the sliced baby spinach and stir to combine through the sauce.
- Drain the pasta and tip straight into the sauce stirring to coat the pasta. Serve immediately
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.