- Serves 4
- 2.5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Delicious gluten free mac and cheese treat that the whole family will love!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 normal size can evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 3 cups milk at room temperature
- 3 1/3 cups macaroni (we used GF barilla)
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 strips bacon diced and cooked
- Grease slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add the evaporated milk, flour, salt, mustard powder, paprika and whisk until fully incorporated. Add the egg and beat till combined.
- Add to the slow cooker. Add milk and whisk again until combined.
- Add the pasta and 2 1/2 cups of cheese and mix to combine. Mix in bacon and scatter the remaining cheese on top.
- Cook for 2 - 3 hours on low or until the pasta has swelled and is tender.