- Serves 6
- 5 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Delicious slow cooked lamb that is bursting with flavour and falls apart when you serve it. A perfect winter feast.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1.6kg leg of lamb
- 2 brown onions, cut into wedges
- 8 garlic cloves, squashed and peeled
- 6 small carrots, halves
- 5 celery sticks, cut into 5 cm lengths
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 1 big handful each fresh oregano and mint
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock powder
- 1 bottle of white wine
- salt and pepper
- Pop your onions and garlic in the bottom of a large cast iron pot. This could also be made in a baking tray and covered with foil.
- Place your lamb on top, and give it a few stabs with a sharp knife. Slip the vegetables in around it, add your lemon zest and herbs.
- Season well and then glug in the entire bottle of wine over the lot. Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 160C, and bring lamb to room temp if needed.
- Whack her in, lid on and ignore it for two hours. Remove from oven and stir in stock powder and then pop it back in for a further 2 hours.
- For the final hour, remove the lid and allow some of the liquid to evaporate and leave you with a yummy juice.
- I served mine with mashed parsnip, sweet potato and pumpkin....all good and buttery.
- Because I put mine in the fridge overnight, I scraped off half of the fat before reheating. Removing some of the fat is entirely up to you. It will float on the juice of you wish to serve immediately......remember though, fat is flavour, and it keeps you warm in winter.
Recipe Slow roast lamb in white wine and herbs
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.