- Serves 4
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
A healthy and delicious pasta sauce that can also be made ahead of time, or frozen. You can use dried pasta from the shops – but we loved making our own using the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 brown onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 celery stalks, chopped small
- 2 carrots, grated
- 500g pork & veal mince (or beef)
- 200ml red wine (optional)
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2tblsp tomato paste
- 2 cups passata
- 500g pasta of your choice (we made our own)
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking for two minutes.
- Add the celery and carrot, cooking for a further five minutes, or until ingredients are cooked.
- Add the mince meat, using a wooden spoon to break up any lumps. Once the meat is cooked, add the red wine if you are using. Don't forget to pour yourself a glass while you are at it!
- Stir in the tinned tomatoes, tomato paste and passata. Add the brown sugar to bring out the flavour in the tomatoes.
- Turn the heat down so that the sauce simmers away, occasionally giving it a stir.
- While the bolognese sauce is cooking, cook your pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked, divide it amongst the bowls. Stir through a spoonful of bolognese sauce. Top the pasta with another spoonful of sauce and some grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.