- Serves 5
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
The only way to improve the age-old family favourite, pesto pasta, is to add some crispy bacon and creamy fetta. With so many textures and well-loved flavours, their dish is anything but ordinary!
Ingredients (serves 5)
- 2 Red Onions
- 300g Bacon
- 2 bunches Broccolini
- 400g Penne Pasta
- 150g Hello Fresh Pesto (or substitute with homemade or store bought)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 100g Fetta Cheese
- 1 Lemons
- GET PREPPED | Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Thinly slice the red onion. Roughly chop the bacon into 1cm pieces. Rinse and chop the broccolini into 2-3cm pieces.
- COOK THE PASTA | Add the penne to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes, stirring regularly to ensure the pasta does not stick.
- COOK THE BACON & ONION | While the pasta is cooking, heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add in the onion and bacon and cook for 5 minutes, tossing regularly until the onion is softened and the bacon is lightly browned.
- COOK THE BROCCOLINI | When the pasta is about 2 minutes away from being cooked, drop in the broccolini and give a quick stir. Once cooked, drain and return to the large pot. Add the broccolini, the bacon and onion, the pesto sauce and half the fetta cheese and toss together.
- SEASON TO TASTE | Add lemon juice to taste, salt and pepper.
- SERVE UP | Divide between individual bowls or serve on a large platter. Crumble over the remaining fetta, a sprinkle of salt & pepper and a quick drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy!
This recipe is proudly brought to you by Hello Fresh. Hello Fresh develops fresh and delicious recipes, sources the best ingredients and delivers it all to your door ... all you have to do is cook it and ENJOY!