- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A lovely spicy red sauce which goes great with most meats especially chicken.
- 1/2 cup chilli
- 1 cup red capsicum
- 1 onion
- 1 green apple
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Steralise jars ready for bottling.
- Remove the seed from the chilli and chop finely.
- Remove seeds from the capsicum and dice.
- Remove skin from the onion and dice.
- Peel and core the apple. Dice.
- In a big pot dissolve the sugar in the vinegar over low heat. Add the salt. Add the chilli, capsicum, onion and apple.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Partly cool and blend.
- Bottle while still warm.
I've also made this sweeter and less spicy by adding tomatoes - it is very adjustable to your taste.