- Difficulty Easy
- 1 Ingredients
This is an easy to prepare frittata using Spring vegetables that is great for a healthy family dinner.
This amazing Spring frittata recipe is an exclusive sneak peak from The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge. Increase the quantities to serve everyone and get an idea of how tasty the recipes are throughout the challenge.
Ingredients for this frittata
- 15 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 25 g brown onion
- 1.5 g garlic
- 150 g eggs
- 15 g Greek reduced fat, natural yoghurt
- 35 g zucchini
- 30 g fresh asparagus
- 37.55 g peas, fresh or frozen
- 15 g grated parmesan
- 30g mixed lettuce
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 10ml lemon juice
How to make this delish frittata
- Dice the onion and then in a small sized, oven proof, non-stick fry pan, heat the oil and add in the onion and crush in the garlic.
- While onion and garlic are sautéing, mix together the yoghurt and eggs in a bowl with salt and pepper to season if desired.
- Slice the zucchini into long slices and tail the asparagus to get rid of the woody end and then cut lengthwise.
- Add the peas into the pan with the onion and garlic and stir to heat through for 2 minutes, then add in the egg mixture. Stir gently to combine with peas and leave on the heat until the egg starts to firm – around 3-5 minutes.
- When the egg is set on the top a little, alternate the asparagus and zucchini slices across the top and sprinkle over the parmesan.
- Place the whole pan of frittata under a pre-heated griller for 5-10 minutes to set the top and brown the cheese.
- Prepare the salad by combining all ingredients and serving on the side when the frittata is ready.
330 calories, 1375kJ, 24.3g protein, 21.4g total fat, 8.4g saturated fat, 7g total carbs, 5.2g sugars
The Healthy Mummy 28 Day Weight Loss Challenge has been developed specifically for BUSY MUMS. It provides the tools and resources to incorporate healthy eating and exercise as part of a Mum’s regular lifestyle.
Whether it’s looking after a newborn, tending to toddlers or school aged children, balancing work and home, fitting in time for housework and then trying to spend quality time with a partner, there is not much space left in a week for a Mum to do something for herself.
Caring for her health and making the change to a healthier lifestyle should be a priority though as it leads to a happier Mum and ultimately a happier and healthier family.
The challenge provides 28 Days of recipes, exercise routines and support systems to enable a Mum to set some weight loss goals and get closer to achieving these in an accessible way.
Challenge fast facts:
- 28 days of meal plans, 350 recipes and daily exercise plans with videos
- All plans are created for busy mums
- All menus and shopping lists are customisable and flexible to suit family budgets
- Plans are breastfeeding friendly
- Supportive community and private group with thousands of other mums
Recipe Spring frittata and salad
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.