An easy, colourful pasta that packs a punch with fresh tastes. The fresh basil added in the end really lifts the dish. My children don’t like fresh basil, so I left it off their plates and add extra cheese.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500 grams Fettucini Pasta (made in the Phillips Pasta and Noodle Maker)
- 500 grams Cherry Tomatoes
- 200 grams Kalamatta Olives
- 200 grams Artichokes in brine or marinated
- 4 Cloves of Garlic still with skin on
- Salt, Pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a little extra for garnishing
- Approx 30 Fresh Basil leaves
- Shaved Parmesan for extra garnish
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180 degrees.
- In a baking tray lined with baking paper combine the Cherry Tomatoes, Olives, Artichokes and Garlic. Season with salt and pepper and then drizzle with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 40 mins or until the Cherry Tomatoes begin to blister. Half way through the baking, remove the foil.
- While the sauce is cooking, put a large pot of water to boil. Once it has boiled, add the pasta and cook until it is al dente, or to your liking. Don't forget to add some salt to the water to add seasoning to the pasta. It is NOT necessary to add oil to the water as the pasta does not stick together!
- Once pasta and the sauce is cooked. Drain the pasta and place the required amounts into individual bowls. Top with some of the cooked sauce. Add a handful of fresh Basil leaves to each bowl and some shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Drizzle with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and cracked pepper if you desire.
- Buon Appetite- Enjoy!