- Makes 20
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
Why buy shortbread biscuits when you can make your own delicious ones at home!
Ingredients (makes 20 shortbreads)
- 250g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup icing sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- extra icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 160. Place all the ingredients into your food processor and process until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Bring the mix together in your hands until it becomes a dough. Divide in two balls.
- Roll out dough in between two sheets of baking paper until it's 5mm thick. Using star and moon cutters, press out your shapes and transfer to a lined baking tray.
- Place the trays in the fridge for 30 minutes. (This helps the shortbreads to retain their shape while baking).
- Place the shortbreads in a 160 degrees preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes or until dry but still pale. Allow to cool completely before dusting with icing sugar.
Recipe Star and moon shortbread biscuits
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.