- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
I love this cabbage with bacon side dish! It’s a delicious quick and easy recipe to have as a side to any dinner. I usually have mine with sausages or chops!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/4 cabbage chopped roughly
- 350gm sliced mushrooms
- 2 bacon rashers
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add vegetable oil to a saucepan and put on medium heat.
- Chop up bacon rashers into small pieces and add to saucepan, cook for one minute.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for five minutes constantly stirring.
- Chop up cabbage roughly into long strips and add to saucepan. Mix all ingredients and then put lid on saucepan. Turn heat down to low. Give it a stir every minute. Cook for five minutes.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper, mix well. Cook for one more minute with lid off.
You can also add onion if you like.