- Serves 8
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 11 Ingredients
This is an improvised version of my own sticky date pudding. While I was in Taipei caring for my 90-year old Dad there was no oven in sight, no eggs or dairy in the fridge, but I wanted to make something sweet for him. Silken Tofu is a perfect substitution for eggs, fat and dairy.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 1 cup Buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup Corn flour
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- 12 Dates, chopped
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 cubes Preserved ginger, chopped
- 1 tub Silken Tofu
- A handful of Pecan nuts
- 2 Tbsp Marmalade, warmed
- Grease a 23cm cake tin, add baking paper to base of tin.
- Cook chopped dates with water briefly at medium heat till it becomes soft, turn off heat, let cool a little.
- Mix flours, sugar and bi-carb soda in large bowl. Add date mixture and tub of tofu. Mix well and pour into cake tin.
- Place in rice cooker, add 3/4 cup of water to bottom of the rice cooker, turn it on. The cake should be ready in about 20 minutes. Take it out and let it cool on a rack for 5 minutes.
- Decorate with pecan, glaze with warmed marmalade. Enjoy!
A winter warmer the whole family will love. Get the kids involved in mixing and glazing the cake. It’s really quick and easy.