The combination of the sweet strawberries and tart balsamic work a treat in this super quick and simple dish to prepare. Your guests will be surprised about the unique way to use strawberries, it’s the perfect start to any meal or dinner party. You can use smaller bite-sized pieces of bread too.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 4 leaves fresh basil, sliced
- 80g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon flaked almonds
- Dice the strawberries and place into a bowl with the sugar and balsamic, mix well to combine and let sit for 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to serve, lightly toast the sourdough, then smear over a thin layer of goat cheese. Top with the strawberries and gently place onto your serving platter. Top with the basil leaves and almonds. Enjoy immediately.