- Serves 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This pesto is perfect in pasta dishes or as an appetizer on toasted crostini, it also makes an excellent pizza base topping.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup (packed) fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- Process all ingredients and half of the olive oil in a food processor.
- Slowly pour in the remaining oil as the pesto processes.
- Blend until the mixture forms a coarse paste; add more oil if you desire a thinner paste
I often have an excess of tomatoes and love to make sundried tomatoes and this is just a natural progression!