- Serves 10
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 8 Ingredients
A beautiful moist carrot and walnut cake, such a winner with kids and adults alike. This particular cake is requested every year for my brother’s birthday.
Ingredients (serves 10)
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (preferably olive oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 cup plain flour
Notes... If you want to make the angry carrot use white icing or marzipan and colour 3/4 orange, take the remaining 1/4 and leave a small amount white, a tiny amount black and colour the rest green. Then shape the carrot using most of the orange, then using the white shape the teeth and the eyes, then roll the remaining orange into a small sausage and place around the teeth. Shape the green into long thin sausages and lay from tip of carrot along the side. Finally roll the black into two small balls for eyeballs and two thin short sausages for eyebrows. Then just use the back of a knife to press the shape into the teeth and make lines on the carrot.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat all ingredients except carrot and walnuts until mixture is smooth.
- Mix/fold in the carrots and walnuts. Bake in a 20 cm tin for 45 mins.
- After it cools, you can ice it by beating 1 and 1/2 tbsp of soft butter and 3 tbsp of cream cheese at room temperature until smooth. Then beat in 1 tsp of lemon juice and 1 and 1/2 cups of icing sugar. I also usually decorate the sides with more chopped walnuts.
Recipe Super moist carrot & walnut cake
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.