- Makes 40
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
A great, quick to make sweet treat, ideal for little ones to assist with in the kitchen.
Ingredients (makes 40 )
- 250g Butter (or margarine)
- 3 Eggs
- Dash Vanilla extract
- 3 Cups self raising flour - sifted
- 1.5 Cups sultanas
- 1 Cup sugar
- Melt butter/margarine and pour into large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and combine with vanilla.
- Sift flour over melted margarine. Add sugar, fruit and egg mixture and stir until combined.
- Roll into balls and place on lined baking trays and bake in oven at 200 deg (180 deg fan forced) for 15 minutes or until just golden. Allow room for spreading.
An old family recipe. Very economical and adaptable. Can use any dried fruit in place of sultanas or can leave plain and sandwich with jam. These are very yummy and suitable for freezing and defrosting - perfect for lunch boxes!