- 4 cups mixed unsalted nuts
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tbls unsalted butter
- 2 tbls brown sugar
- 2 tbls chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. Spread the nuts on baking tray and bake in centre rack of oven, shaking the tray a couple of times during baking, until the nuts are nicely toasted, about 10 minutes.
- Put a small frypan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle in the coriander and cumin and toast until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the butter, brown sugar, rosemary, and cayenne. Return the fry pan to low heat and stir until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, around 2 minutes.
- Put the nuts into bowl and pour the warm spiced butter over the nuts, and add the salt. Stir until the nuts are well coated. Taste for seasoning and add more salt if necessary. Let the nuts cool completely.