- Makes 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A simple bolognese I cook up to sneak some veggies into one of my children who is very fussy. The sweet taste of the potato encourages her to eat up.
Ingredients (makes 4 Bowls)
- 300ml Bolognese Sauce (store bought or homemade)
- 500 grams Mince
- 2 Cups Very Finely Grated Sweet Potato
- 1 Cup Very Finely Grated Carrot
- 1 Teaspoon Minced Garlic (optional)
- 3 Cups Cooked Pasta
- 1 Cup Tasty Cheese (optional)
- In a pan with a dash of oil cook your garlic for 20 seconds. Add your sweet potato and carrot and cook while stirring for a few minutes allowing the garlic to permeate the vegetables. Once cooked they will be nice and soft for little mouths to eat.
- Add your mince and mix the grated veggies through and seal the meat. Once sealed add your bolognese sauce. Simmer for a further 25 minutes. During this time you need to cook your pasta.
- Add bolognese sauce to pasta and top with parmesan or tasty cheese.