- Serves 6
- Makes 12
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Friends and family love this tangy lemon chicken recipe. For those who love lots of sauce on rice this recipe is for you.
Ingredients (serves 6 | makes 12 )
- 3 chicken breasts cut into smallish pieces or 1 chicken jointed into small bits
- 4 tblspn flour
- 4 tbspn tblpsn paprika
- half to 3/4 melted butter
- 3 tbspn soya sauce
- 2 tbspn olive oil
- 4 crushed garlic
- 4 juice and grated rind of 4 lemons
- bit chopped parsley
- In a large plastic bag shake the flour, paprika, s+p.
- Place chicken one by one in the bag and shake till coated.
- Place chicken in a roasting dish covering the chicken with melted butter and bake for 20 mins in moderate oven. Then remove.
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice, soya sauce, grated lemon rind, oil and crushed garlic and pour over the chicken. Place back in oven for a further 30 mins.
- Serve in shallow bowls (like spaghetti bowls) with Basmati rice. Sprinkle with parsley if you want some colour.
I usually cook this with chicken breasts but equally as good using a jointed chicken provided it's jointed and chopped into smaller pieces.