- Serves 2
- 50 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 3 Ingredients
This Rendang is a thing of beauty. It is slowly cooked beef in a well-caramelised spiced and roasted coconut sauce. It is normally a dish eaten on a special occasion, as it takes a while to cook right, but with the sauce already done, you just need to make sure the beef is meltingly soft and the sauce has reduced to a coating consistency before serving. Serve with rice and some vegetables on the side.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 400g diced braising steak
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 pack The Spice Tailor Indonesian Rendang Curry
Notes... For a vegetarian version use tofu instead of beef.
- Heat oil in non-stick pan and brown the meat.
- Add the herbs and spices from the Whole Spice and Aromatics Sachet and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the base sauce from the smaller pouch and coconut sauce from the larger pouch. Stir well and sauté the meat in the sauce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 150ml of water and bring to a boil. Then simmer, stirring occasionally, for 40-45 minutes until the meat is really tender and the sauce coats the meat. You will need to add a little more water during the cooking time when the pan starts to look dry. Season to taste and serve.
Recipe Thai Beef Rendang Curry
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.