My dad is from the UK and growing up our Sunday Roast was always Toad in the Hole. Funny name i know, its simply Yorkshire Pudding with sausages. If you haven’t tried Yorkshire Pudding give it a go! you can make one large one or you can use muffin tins to make individual puddings! Perfect meal for a Sunday Roast!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup full cream milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 sausages
- Preheat oven to 220degrees
- Cook the sausages in a frypan until brown, they don’t have to be cooked all the way through, you just want to get some colour as they will continue to cook in the oven. Once browned, set the sausages aside.
- Meanwhile, to make the Yorkshire pudding In a large bowl combine the flour, milk, salt, eggs and rosemary. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the olive oil into a large baking tray and heat this in the oven for a few minutes, the oil must be very hot, then gentle remove the tray from the oven and quickly pour over the Yorkshire batter and then place the sausages on top. Place the tray back into the oven for 20-30 minutes or until it is golden and risen.
- Serve immediately with gravy and a selection of your favourite roast vegetables.