- Serves 2
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
My son always has a thing for ‘Noonels’ when he was little and this was my way of getting some colour into his diet. You can use bacon or even ham instead of fish (my hubby is a mad fisherman) and its a great way of using up any loose veg in the crisper too; carrot, celery, zucchini what ever you find can pretty much get thrown in!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 pky 99% fat free instant noodles
- 200g White flesh fish (trevally, cod, mackerel)
- 1 Cob of Fresh corn
- 1/2 Red capsicum
- 1/4 Head of broccoli
- 2 Shallots
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Light soya sauce and sweet chilli sauce to season
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- Cook noodles as directed, season drain half the liquid (so about a cup full remains) and put aside
- In a shallow fry pan or wok heat the sesame oil and quickly fry off your diced fish.
- Add in your diced veggies, crushed garlic, sweet chilli and light soy sauce, stir in for a minute or so on a high heat, reduce the heat and add you noodles and the remaining liquid.
- Cover and simmer for a minute on a low heat then serve into a bowl!
Depending on the age of your little one you can add more or less spice as you like, fresh ginger, galangal and a little Chinese 5 spice goes down well too!