- Serves 4
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Very easy and delicious pasta meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 5 ripe tomatoes
- 1 pkt spaghetti
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 3
- 2 tbs pouring cream
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs pesto
- Extra grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil over a high heat. Cut a cross into the base of each tomato and blanch in the boiling water for 30 seconds. Plunge into cold water, peel away skins and roughly chop. Add pasta to pot and cook according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large heavybased frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 15-30 seconds. Add tomatoes to pan and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in asparagus. Cook for a further 2-3 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Stir in cream and parmesan. Season to taste, add drained pasta to pan and toss to coat. Divide amongst 4 plates, drizzle each serve with pesto and serve with extra parmesan